Life Above the Clouds: How to Make Cannabis-Infused Pumpkin Pie Rice Krispie Treats
Happy fall! This is my favorite season. The weather starts to cool off, the holidays are right around the corner, and I can start eating pumpkin-everything. Have you had your first PSL (pumpkin spice latte) of the year yet? If not, perhaps you can kick off this fall’s pumpkin obsession with infused Rice Krispie treats. They’re sure to be a hit all of the season.
Cannabis-Infused Pumpkin Pie Rice Krispie Treats
These gooey cannabis infused pumpkin pie rice krispie treats are the perfect fall treat!Prep time: 10 min, Cook time: 30 min Serves 12
- Sauce pan
- 9×13″ pan
- 1 tablespoon cannabis butter
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin purée
- 1 10 oz. bag mini marshmallows
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- Line a 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray. Set pan aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt both butters over medium-low heat. Add the pumpkin purée and continue to cook until it is warmed through. Stir in the vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Fold in the marshmallows, stirring frequently until completely melted, and remove from heat.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture over the cereal and stir until all of the cereal is evenly coated.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking pan and spread out evenly using a silicone spatula. Allow to cool for about 30 minutes before cutting into squares.
- Store in an airtight container up to one week.
Sometimes I like to use an 8×8″ pan for really thick treats!